SEVEN NEW MEMBERS FOR NCOIC - 79 Collaborating on Industry-wide Technical Approach
The Network Centric Operations Industry Consortium (NCOIC) announces seven new members, including one European company, to its membership, bringing to 79 the number of entities collaborating to provide an industry-wide technical approach to global network interoperability.
- Anteon Corporation is a leading systems integration company providing mission, operational and information technology enterprise support to the U.S. Government.
- Association for Enterprise Integration (AFEI), a professional organization that promotes the ethical and legal exchange of information and ideas between government and industry. Members address topics essential to attainment of network-centric and integrated enterprises.
- Cubic Defense Systems, Inc. is a provider of instrumented training systems for military forces, avionics, data links, aerospace systems and product logistic support.
- DCN, based in France, is a world leader in prime contracting for fully integrated warships.
- Systems Integration and Development, Inc. a specialist in information technology, is a premiere systems integrator, serving both corporate and government markets.
- LynuxWorks, a pioneer and proven leader in the embedded systems industry.
- The Center for Satellite and Hybrid Communication Networks is one of 17 commercial space centers sponsored by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). It is a research center within the Institute for Systems Research and the A. James Clark School of Engineering at the University of Maryland. The center is focused on the development of hybrid networks that link satellite and wireless systems with cellular, cable, Internet and telephone networks.
"These recent additions underscore the intellectual capital being invested in the NCOIC as it seeks to develop a common industry approach," said Paul Allen of IBM, who also serves as chairman for NCOIC Membership. " Information technology, systems integration, military applications, and advanced research are common specialties throughout the NCOIC's membership and help to ensure that the work of this international coalition enables its customers to harness the power of networked systems to support the U.S. military, its allies, and others."
About the NCOIC
TextThe Network Centric Operations Industry Consortium (NCOIC) is a not-for-profit international corporation that is committed to integrating existing and emerging open standards into a common evolving global framework, employing a common set of principles and processes, to assist with the rapid global deployment of network-centric applications. Established in 2004, the NCOIC consists of industry representatives from defense companies, large-scale systems integrators, information technology providers, and academia working in concert with advisory bodies consisting of government officials, standards groups and other stakeholders. For more information, visit www.NCOIC.org