Defense, Government Leaders Named to Advise Network Centric Operations Industry Consortium
A 17-member Advisory Council has been named to provide guidance to the Network Centric Operations Industry Consortium (NCOIC), an international collaborative forum created in September 2004 to advance a new vision of networking technology. Chaired by Dr. Paul Kaminski, who served as U.S. Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition and Technology from 1994 to 1997, the NCOIC Advisory Council will work with the Consortium's leadership to identify the enabling technology approaches that will support transformation through network-centric operations.
"The collective expertise of the NCOIC Advisory Council will be invaluable to the Consortium in responding to the needs of government agencies such as the U.S. Departments of Defense and Homeland Security, as well as the Ministries of Defense of allied governments," Kaminski said. "My colleagues on the Advisory Council and I look forward to supporting the NCOIC in working towards a world in which individual governments and coalition forces use advanced networking to better conduct peacekeeping operations and respond to humanitarian crises or natural disasters with fewer lives lost."
The other members of the NCOIC Advisory Council are:
- Mr. Arthur Money, former Assistant Secretary of Defense for Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence, and former Department of Defense (DoD) Chief Information Officer
- Dr. Vitalij Garber, Director, Systems and Mission Integration, Defense Systems, Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (OSD)
- Gen (USAF, Ret) James P. McCarthy, ARDI Professor of National Security, U.S. Air Force Academy
- VADM (USN Ret) Arthur K. Cebrowski, Director, Force Transformation, OSD
- VADM James D. McArthur, Jr., USN, Commander, Naval Network Warfare Command
- Major General, Ruud van Dam , Netherlands Air Force, Allied Command Transformation C41
- Ms. Priscilla E. Guthrie, Deputy Chief Information Officer, OSD Networks and Information Integration
- Lt. Gen. Robert M. Shea, USMC, Director for Command, Control, Communications and Computer Systems, Joint Staff (J-6)
- Mr. Staffan Nasstrom (Maj. Gen. Ret.), Chief of Operations, Swedish Defence Materiel Administration
- Lt. Gen. Harry D. Raduege, Jr., Director, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA); Commander, Joint Task Force-Global Network Operations (JTF-GNO); Deputy Commander for Global Network Operations and Defense, United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM)
- Lt. Gen. Tom Hobbins, Deputy Chief of Staff for Warfighting Integration, U.S. Air Force
- LTG Steven W. Boutelle, Director / Chief Information Officer (CIO), Office of the Chief Information Officer / G6 U.S. Army
- Lt Gen James R. Clapper, Jr. USAF (Ret.), Director, National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
- LTG Robert W. Wagner , USA , Deputy Commander , United States Joint Forces Command
- Mr. Lee Holcomb, Chief Technology Officer, Department of Homeland Security
- Mr. William F. Dawson, Director, Community Interoperability and Information Sharing Office, Intelligence Community Chief Information Officer
About the NCOIC
The Network Centric Operations Industry Consortium (NCOIC) is a not-for-profit international entity that is committed to convening members of industry to integrate existing and emerging open standards into a common evolving global framework that employs a common set of principles and processes to assist with the rapid global deployment of network-centric applications. Established in 2004, the NCOIC consists of industry representatives from defense companies, large-scale systems integrators, information technology providers, and academia working in concert with advisory bodies consisting of government officials, standards groups and other stakeholders.