The Boeing Company [NYSE: BA] and the Flight Safety Foundation are seeking nominations for the first Flight Safety Foundation-Boeing Aviation Safety Lifetime Achievement Award. This award, to be presented at the International Air Safety Seminar in Dublin, Ireland, Nov. 6, will recognize an individual who has spent two decades or more working beyond normal work expectations to enhance civil or military aviation safety.
"Boeing is proud to be a co-sponsor of this award," said Charlie Higgins, vice president of Safety & Security Services. "Our industry has produced some fine people who have strived to make the entire air transport system safer, and we hope this helps to bring them the recognition they deserve."
Nomination forms must list the nominee's name, current position, title and address. In addition, they must describe the nominee's various contributions that would qualify them as lifelong contributors to aviation safety and should describe their impact on aviation safety. Important judging criteria include:
- Contributions that enhanced aviation safety beyond the nominee's own organization.
- Contributions with a broad impact on multiple facets of aviation safety, such as operations, training, design and regulations.
- Contributions with international impact.
- The nominee's career-long high commitment to aviation safety.
- The nominee's active participation in activities, initiatives and dialogs to promote aviation safety.
Those submitting nominations must include contact and address information, and must submit them by Sept.10 to:
Flight Safety Foundation
Suite 300, 601 Madison St.
Alexandria, VA 22314-1756
Or via fax at (703) 739-6708
The nominating party should provide the names of at least two other experienced individuals who could provide supporting information about the nomination.