ATP Flight School, and Flight Schools Around the World, Sign for Boeing’s Jeppesen and ForeFlight Solutions
- ATP Flight School to include Jeppesen electronic charts and ForeFlight Mobile solutions for more than 2,000 students and instructors
- Additional flight schools and aviation training organizations begin to use Boeing’s Jeppesen and ForeFlight solutions, including dispatch training
OSHKOSH, Wis., July 22, 2019 — Boeing [NYSE: BA] is supporting flight schools and aviation training organizations by offering its advanced Jeppesen and ForeFlight solutions including flight planning, charts, navigation data and dispatch training to help enhance student learning.
One of these agreements is with U.S.-based ATP Flight School, the nation's largest flight school and a leading supplier of airline pilots. ATP operates a flight training fleet of 375 aircraft, flying over 31,000 hours per month to provide more than 7,600 pilot certifications annually at 37 flight training centers nationwide. More ATP graduates fly for airlines than from any other academy, with over 620 hired in just the last 12 months.
"ATP is committed to providing the most efficient path towards becoming an airline pilot and equipping students with the resources they need for success," said Justin Dennis, ATP president. "Airlines recognize the quality of ATP graduates, whose track record of excelling in airline operations stems from our distinct airline-oriented approach to training. Integrating Boeing's Jeppesen products and advanced capabilities into our students' current use of ForeFlight is a natural fit and builds on our mission of preparing students for successful airline pilot careers."
“Our Jeppesen and ForeFlight solutions for business, commercial and general aviators are world-class,” said William Ampofo, vice president, Business & General Aviation, Boeing Global Services. “Providing these advanced solutions and services to global flight schools and aviation training organizations is a priority for our business.”
Boeing, which already serves an expansive global roster of flight schools and aviation training organizations, also announced agreements with the following:
- - Community College of Allegheny County, based in the U.S., will be utilizing Boeing learning content for the FAA Airline Transport Pilot certification, Jeppesen online courses, training kits and charting solutions starting in the fall semester.
- - Gulf Aviation Academy, based in Bahrain, will begin using Boeing’s Jeppesen dispatch training program. This program has been approved by the Bahrain Civil Aviation Authority.
- - Ninety Nines Flying School, based in Kenya, will expand its existing Boeing learning content and begin using Boeing’s Jeppesen dispatch training program.
- - OxfordSaudia, based in Saudi Arabia, has signed for subscriptions to ForeFlight Mobile and Jeppesen’s electronic charts service for their first 12 aircraft and two flight training devices. OxfordSaudia is the first flight school in Saudi Arabia to utilize integrated Jeppesen and ForeFlight solutions.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space and security systems, and global services. As the top U.S. exporter, the company supports commercial and government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing employs more than 150,000 people worldwide and leverages the talents of a global supplier base. Building on a legacy of aerospace leadership, Boeing continues to lead in technology and innovation, deliver for its customers and invest in its people and future growth.
# # #
Mobile: +1 314-709-7052