LONDON, May 26, 2011 -- Boeing Defence UK, a subsidiary of The Boeing Company [NYSE: BA], today announced seven UK companies that will support its efforts as the Ministry of Defence (MOD) Delivery Partner for the Logistics Network Enabled Capability (Log NEC), a contract awarded in November. They are Ark Continuity, BearingPoint, EMC, Hewlett-Packard, IBM UK, Miro Technologies, and Steria.
"Our approach in selecting our team for Log NEC is to produce a cost-effective, schedule-driven and high-performing program for the Ministry of Defence," said Jeff Peté, Log NEC program manager for Boeing Defence UK.
The subcontractors will provide their expertise as Boeing assists the MOD in the transformation of its end-to-end logistics support chain and integrates more than 200 software applications used to manage logistics data. Their contributions follow:
- Ark Continuity will lease and provide managed service of two data centers
- BearingPoint will provide an analytics capability and the managed service of the Enterprise Data Warehouse to integrate MOD data
- EMC will provide IT hardware and software, and manage the implementation of the data center storage and backup solution
- Hewlett-Packard will provide IT services and hardware; Break Fix Service for legacy hardware; implementation and support for the service desk management tool; other hardware; and management of some of the legacy Land applications
- IBM UK will provide IT services, hardware, and software, as well as management of information exchange services and engineering and asset management system for the air environment
- Miro Technologies will provide software and consulting; development, implementation, and sustainment of the base inventory management systems project; and management of an engineering and asset-management application
- Steria will provide IT services and software, and manage the service for some of the legacy applications.
Other Log NEC contributors include Tapestry Solutions, Aviall and Kestrel, all Boeing subsidiaries.
Boeing Defence UK Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Boeing Company and a business unit of Boeing Defense, Space & Security. It currently has employees at locations throughout the UK supporting Ministry of Defence and U.S. military programs.
A unit of The Boeing Company, Boeing Defense, Space & Security is one of the world's largest defense, space and security businesses specializing in innovative and capabilities-driven customer solutions, and the world's largest and most versatile manufacturer of military aircraft. Headquartered in St. Louis, Boeing Defense, Space & Security is a $32 billion business with 66,000 employees worldwide. Follow us on Twitter: @BoeingDefense.
# # #
Boeing Defence UK Ltd.
+44 (0) 20 7340 1900
Francesca De Florio
Boeing UK Ltd.
+44 (0) 20 7340 1900