ST. LOUIS, Sept. 21, 2009 -- The Boeing Company [NYSE: BA] has named Anthony M. Parasida, 53, president of its $8 billion Global Services & Support (GS&S) business, effective immediately.
Parasida will lead a 17,000-employee team with headquarters in St. Louis and more than 260 locations around the world, including the United States, Australia, Saudi Arabia, the United Kingdom and active military theaters.
"In his 31 years with the company, Tony has demonstrated a strong commitment to our customers and his teams, making him ideally suited for this position," said Dennis Muilenburg, president and CEO of Boeing Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). "He has a proven track record of giving his people the leadership and direction they need to perform their jobs, as well as the recognition and encouragement to help them succeed. He has the right leadership strengths, customer focus and strategic capabilities to grow GS&S and help IDS achieve our business goals and objectives."
GS&S, an operating unit of IDS, provides global after-delivery support for military platforms and systems, and a broad array of defense and government services. These include:
- Maintenance, modifications and upgrades for aircraft such as the KC-135 Stratotanker, B-52 Stratofortress, KC-10 Extender, A-10 Thunderbolt and C-130 Hercules, as well as numerous commercial derivative and executive fleet aircraft such as the VC-25, C-32 and C-40
- Supply-chain management, performance-based logistics, and engineering services supporting the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet strike fighter, C-17 Globemaster III airlifter, AH-64 Apache and CH-47 Chinook helicopters, and other Boeing and non-Boeing military airplanes and systems
- Training systems, solutions and simulation for military aircraft and ground combat systems
- Managed network and communication services
- Infrastructure support services and support operations
- Intelligence, reconnaissance, and surveillance services
- Energy solutions
- Logistics command and control
- International support systems.
Major subsidiaries of the GS&S business include Boeing Service Co., Boeing Aerospace Operations, Tapestry Solutions and Federated Software Group.
Prior to this assignment, Parasida served as vice president and general manager for Airborne Anti-Submarine Warfare & Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Systems (ASW&ISR) within Boeing Military Aircraft. In that position, he was responsible for three major programs: P-8A Poseidon; Airborne Early Warning & Control programs; and Airborne Warning Systems, including Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS). Prior to that, Parasida was program manager of the P-8A Multi-mission Maritime Aircraft program. He holds a bachelor's degree in civil engineering from the University of Pittsburgh and a master's degree in engineering management from Drexel University in Philadelphia.
A unit of The Boeing Company, Boeing Integrated Defense Systems is one of the world's largest space and defense businesses specializing in innovative and capabilities-driven customer solutions, and the world’s largest and most versatile manufacturer of military aircraft. Headquartered in St. Louis, Boeing Integrated Defense Systems is a $32 billion business with 70,000 employees worldwide.
# # #
Global Services & Support
Global Services & Support